Perfect Lemon Curd Recipe
Looking for nice and simple Lemon Curd recipe? Congrats you’ve just found it. This very classic, sweet and tart delight is all you wanted. Even my mother says it’s amazing, and, believe me, her word worth a lot, because she is an outstanding baker. And after I’ve shown her this recipe it became her favorite! It’s so nice to teach my mother something new once in a while. I even feel a little cocky =)
- zest of 2 lemons
- lemon juice - 2/3 cup
- unsalted butter - 6 oz, cubed
- free range eggs - 4
- egg yolks - 4
- powdered sugar - 3/4 cup
- Set a fine-mesh strainer over a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together eggs and egg yolks until combined, set aside.
- In a small saucepan mix lemon juice, butter and sugar. Place over medium heat, constantly whisking, until the butter melts. Pour it slowly into the eggs, whisking constantly.
- Scrape the egg mixture back into the saucepan and cook the curd over low heat until it thickened (about 10 minutes).
- Stir constantly with a small whisk, until the mixture thickens and starts to coat the whisk.
- Strain the curd. Put into a jar or airtight container with a lid and refrigerate for up to 10 days.
You May Also Like
Happy Easter to all the foodies all over the world! Although today is Catholic Easter, we still ...
Certain people on your gift list would be absolutely delighted to receive a gift they could devour. ...
This week I have learned that if you still do not have a holiday mood you just need to start ...
You do not need an ice cream maker to make this delicious treat!
Probably this is one of the most requested recipes. My friend Hannah eagerly expected for it. And ...
Here is the recipe for a simple sweet crepes.
Here is the recipe for Basic Crepes.