Healthy Roasted Butternut Squash Hummus
This Butternut Squash Hummus is fantastic! Even my picky husband says it’s incredibly good. And believe me, for such devoted meat eater and veggie hater that’s a serious statement. He ate the whole bowl of this hummus in a minute, which made me incredibly happy. Finally I could feed him something healthy he actually likes very much =) Hope you’ll enjoy it too! Serve this hummus with your favorite whole wheat crackers or pita chips and enjoy a healthy snack.
Please follow and like us:
- dried chickpeas - 2/3 cup
- half of small butternut squash - about 1 lb., seeds scooped out
- tahini - 3 tablespoons
- garlic - 2 cloves, minced
- lemon juice - 1 1/2 tablespoon or to taste
- water - 1 1/2 teaspoon, or more if needed
- smoked paprica - 1/4 teaspoon + more for garnish
- ground red pepper - 1/4 teaspoon
- cumin - 1/4 teaspoon
- salt - 1/2 teaspoon, or to taste
- Zaatar spice - 1 teaspoon for garnish
- olive oil - for garnish
- fresh parsley - 1 tablespoon, finely chopped
- baking soda -1 1/2 teaspoons
- Place the chickpeas in a medium bowl, add 1 teaspoon of baking soda and cold water to cover by 2''.
- Soak them overnight.
- When ready, drain the chickpeas and rinse. Transfer them in a medium-sized cooking pot. Cover with water and add the rest baking soda.
- Bring to a boil, skimming surface as needed. Cook until the chickpeas are very soft, 50-60 minutes.
- Drain and remove the skin; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Rub a little of olive oil over insides of butternut squash
- Place olive oil-rubbed-side down on a baking sheet and roast until soft, for about 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool 10 minutes.
- Once cooled, scoop out 1 cups worth.
- In a food processor mix chickpeas, butternut squash, garlic tahini and spices. Purée until creamy and smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
- If the hummus is too thick, add a splash of water to achieve desired texture.
- Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve hummus in a bowl, topped with the paprika, parsley, and olive oil.
You May Also Like
As you may notice, we are in love with bruschetta because it's a perfect appetizer and a great ...
Game Day is all about getting together with friends, eating good food, and sharing a great experi...
Sometimes you cook a dish, and it's so good you can eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. That's ...
These super cool Pan Cooked Shrimp with Romesco Sauce recipe is not my idea. Therefore, I need to ...
Every time I want to throw a party, I'm struggling with finding the right appetizer to serve. ...
With summer being so perfectly warm and sunny, we tend to use our spacious balcony to make dinners ...
There are so many dishes you can cook with zucchini, and today I want to share one of my favorite ...
Recently I had a photo shoot at The Brickhouse Cafe at San Francisco. Of course, all the dishes ...
Hi everyone! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We surely had! Maybe it's hard to believe, ...