Porcini Fettuccine Aflredo is officially my major comfort food this autumn and definitely on top of my autumn recipe list, specially considering the fact that I absolutely crazy about porcini mushrooms. Since I figured there are already lots of restaurant-style fettuccine alfredo recipes in the internet, this time I have decided to go a little healthier and present a “lighter” version of Fettuccine Alfredo, made with light whipped cream cheese. No worries it is still very creamy, thick and full of flavor. However you can feel less guilty about eating a whole plate of this delicious pasta. I also recommend use olive oil instead of butter and whole wheat pasta instead of a regular one. Those small twists will make a big difference.
Bon Appetite! Eat delicious food and stay fit.
- dried porcini mushrooms - 3/4 cup
- boiling water - 1 cup
- whole wheat fettuccine - 12 oz
- garlic - 1 clove, finely chopped
- shallot - 1, finely chopped
- light whipped cream cheese - 8 oz
- heavy cream - 1/3 cup
- freshly grated Parmesan - 1/3 cup
- lemon zest - 1/2 teaspoon, optional
- parsley - 1/4 cup, finely chopped