DIY Citrus Body Scrub
It is only two weeks before Christmas. And that means it is a perfect time to make some cute gifts for your friend. This year I choose to experiment with different body scrubs because I believe that exfoliation is the number one procedure to make your skin glowing. Personally, I exfoliate my body every day: twice a week with a scrub and other days with a natural bath sponge. Thereby my skin is in a perfect condition whole year round. After a long research and lots of experiments, I came up with this DIY orange scrub. It is loaded with precious oils, vitamins and minerals that will transform your skin and make it smooth, soft and hydrated. Oh, the smell is irresistible too.
Just give this scrub a try and make it either for yourself or your girlfriends. I am would love such a lovely handmade gift! But remember, before you use a scrub, do a patch test on the inside of your arm to see how your skin reacts because you can never be too careful when it comes to your skin!
- coarse sea salt - 1/2 cup
- orange zest - 1 tablespoon
- orange or any other citrus oil - 8-10 drops
- vitamin E oil - 2 tablespoons
- coconut oil - 2 tablespoons
- olive oil - 1 tablespoon
- honey - 1 tablespoon (optional)
- In a plastic bowl mix all the ingredients together. Stir well until incorporate.
- Place your DIY scrub in airtight half-pint mason jar.