One of my favourite beef dishes growing up was Stroganoff and here is my keto version.
If you like the show then support us on Patreon:
Or buy some HK merch from
SUBSCRIBE to Headbanger’s Kitchen here :
Follow us on our new Facebook page www.facebook.com/headbangerskitchen
We’re @headbangerskitchen on Instagram and @HKTweets666 on Twitter.
New Facebook Group:
My MFP Account:
Get the recipe on MFP:
Macros per serving
Net Carbs: 6g
Recipe makes 5 servings.
– 800grams Beef (Chuck or any slow cooking cut)
– 200 grams White Mushrooms
– 100 grams Chopped Onion
– 75 grams (5 Tbsp) Sour Cream
– 50 ml (3.5 Tbsp) Heavy Cream
– 15 grams (1 Tbsp) Butter
– 15 ml (1 Tbsp) Olive Oil
– Chives/Spring Onion Green for Garnish
1. Slice the mushrooms and onions
2. Cut the beef into long strips and season with salt and pepper
3. Heat some olive oil in a dutch oven and brown the beef in batches
4. Add a knob of butter and sautee the onions and mushrooms
5. Season with salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper
6. Add in the beef and 1/2 liter of water
7. Cover and cook till the beef is fork tender and the liquid has reduced by half or more
8. Add in the sour cream and heavy cream and mix in well
9. Turn off the heat and garnish with chives/spring onions green
Note: Don’t keep the heat on after adding the sour cream as if boiled it can split.