Chinese Peking (Aromatic) Duck (Chinese Style Cooking Recipe)
Welcome to Xiao’s Kitchen. My name is Xiao Wei, ever since my Mother taught me how to cook at an early age, I have always had a strong passion for Cooking. My family still live in Inner Mongolia in the northern part of China, where I visit each year and pick-up new Asian/Chinese recipes.
1 Whole Duck
100g Golden Syrup
1 Star Anise
5g Dried Orange Peel
½ Tsp Ground Ginger
½ Tsp Cinnamon
½ Tsp Sichuan Pepper
1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
50g Dark Soy Sauce
50g Salt (to Taste)
1. Grind together the Sichuan peppercorns, star anise, ginger, cinnamon, orange peel & salt.
2. Then mix together the syrup, rice vinegar & soy sauce in a separate bowl.
3. Dust in the cavity of the duck with the spice mixture. Slide your fingers under the skin and loosen all over.
4. Brush a layer of the glaze onto the duck’s skin, allow to dry in the air. Repeat this process until your duck looks bronze and glossy.
5. Pure 100ml of boiling water in a roasting pan, add the duck.
6. Place the pan into a preheated oven at 200C, immediately turn the temperature down to 160C.
7. Roast the duck for 1.5 hours, after every 30 minutes turn the duck over, baste with the reserved glaze.
8. At this stage, if the duck is getting too dark, turn the temperature down and place on lower rack in the oven.
9. When the duck is cooked, remove from oven. Allow cooling for few minutes to settle the juices and let the glaze harden.
10. Place a teaspoon of the sauce in the centre of each pancake, add a couple tablespoons of sliced duck, then garnish with spring onions and cucumber then serve immediately.
If you would like my latest recipes, you can subscribe, its free, and you’ll be kept up-to-date with all my Asian dishes:
This video was produced by Harris Video Productions:
Thank you for watching
For more of my Asian recipes please click below:
More of my recipes:
Asian Meat Recipes:
Asian Beef Recipes:
Asian Chicken Recipes:
Asian Lamb Recipes:
Asian Pork Recipes:
Asian Healthy Recipes:
Asian Seafood Recipes:
Asian Vegetarian Recipes:
Asian Soups & Salads Recipes:
Asian Rice & Noodles Recipes:
Asian Tasty Recipes:
Asian Stir-Fry Recipes:
Asian Curry Recipes:
Asian Spicy Recipes:
Asian Stews & Hot Pot Recipes:
Asian Tofu Recipes:
Asian Party Recipes:
Asian Finger Buffet Recipes:
Asian Skewers & Snack Recipes:
Asian Dumplings & Pancake Recipes:
Recipes From Around Asia: