Cambodian hotel, a favourite with Expats/Mongers [Girl friendly!!!] Lets find out if it’s any good…
Important: If you are thinking of booking any hotel through agoda, please book direct through the links on www.bangkok112.com at no extra cost to yourself. More info can be found here: A small commission will be generated that will go straight back into improving the future videos on this channel, so it’s win/win. Thank you for your support.
* Join Bkk112 Patreon today:
* Camera Used for this video: (US)
* Camera Used for this video: (UK)
* Phnom Penh best hotels:
* Latest Post on the Bkk112 website:
* Buy Bkk112 a beer:
A video documenting my stay at the Silver River hotel, Phnom Penh.
Silver River hotel has been a ‘go to’ place in Phnom Penh for expats/mongers for many many years. Many people won’t even think of booking in anywhere else as it’s a firm favourite with many repeat customers. Let’s check it out…
Parts of this video include:
0:04 Outside the hotel
0:17 Map of the location
0:27 Lobby and hallway
0:51 Deluxe room with balcony
3:51 Bathroom check
5:38 Balcony view
6:14 Extra shots inc. the room service menu
7:40 Alternative room I had a peek at when checking out
– Great location for the bars and close to the riverside
– Clean room, everything was in good working order
– Restaurant/bar downstairs was good and had a good happy hour
– 100% guest friendly, your lady will just have to leave her ID at the reception
– Good value, rooms start from around $27 so it won’t break the bank staying here 🙂
– My Deluxe room with balcony was relatively small, the cheaper rooms were slightly bigger
– No swimming pool
– No fitness center
– Ageing hotel, if you like modern hotels then maybe it’s not the best choice
– Weirdest place for a fridge I’ve ever seen 🙂
I had a good stay at Silver River hotel. Initially I was underwhelmed with my room mainly due to the size, but it grew on me in the end and was perfectly alright.
I really like the location on Street 172 as it’s so convenient having many cheap restaurants, bars and even hostess bars on your doorstep. The riverfront hostess bars (104, 130 and 136 street) and restaurants are only a 10 minute walk or $1 tuk tuk ride away which is fantastic.
I recommend Silver River hotel for seasoned travellers who don’t mind staying in a place with a ‘guesthouse’ feel. I wouldn’t hesitate to stay again and would probably prefer Room 407 (visible at 7:38) which had a nice view and was just $30 a night when I last checked.
Silver River hotel is definitely a reliable choice and you could easily do worse for the same money…
Thank you for watching and subscribe for more videos…
Together with you – YouTube Audio Library
Shoulder Closures – YouTube Audio Library
LAKEY INSPIRED – 5 Min Call
Termite Infested White Picket Fence – Tomove